Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Four Things

I got this from Tracy over at A Change of Pace. It looked like a fun little "get to know you" post!

Four names that people call me other than my real name:
1. Al
2. Ali
3. Babe
4. Jennifer (seriously, there are a few guys I work with that cannot remember my name, and call me Jennifer. Also, I ran as a "Jenny" after buying someone's bib last year for a half marathon. If the shoe fits?)

Four jobs I've had:
1. Steak'n'Shake drive thru operator/server
2. Stable worker (feed horses, muck stalls, etc.)
3. Assistant Manager of a really ghetto hat store. So ironic.
4. Bank Teller

Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. A Christmas Story. #forlife
2. My Girl
3. Frozen (thank you Emily)
4. Little Mermaid - my childhood favorite, and I force Emily to watch it every now and then, too.

Four places I've lived:
1. Detroit, MI
2. Boynton Beach, FL
3. St. Charles, MO
4. Hibbing, MN

Four places I've visited:
1. Washington, D.C.
2. Charleston, SC
3. Estes Park, CO
4. Bayfield, WI

Four things I don't eat:
(This is a tough one)
1. Lutefisk
2. Headcheese
3. Fast food (except on very, very rare occasions)
4. Uh...Rocky Mountain Oysters? Enter anything really bizarre here.

Four of my favorite foods:
(This is tough too!)
1. Chocolate. Or dessert of any kind. I don't discriminate
2. Bananas
3. Veggie omelettes with salsa on top
4. Any food that includes cheesy goodness. Mac n'cheese. Grilled cheese. Pasta with cheese. Too bad this is few and far between in my diet...

Four TV shows I watch:
1. Sons of Anarchy - currently watching
2. Parenthood
3. Walking Dead
4. American Horror Story

Four things I'm looking forward to this year:
1. Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon in less than 2 weeks
2. Minnesota Half in August + weekend getaway with hubby
3. Runners Retreat in NC!
4. Detroit Marathon in October!
(are we seeing a theme here? How about visiting the new Mr. Roberts restaurant, owned by semi-famous Sarah Master? Also, hitting up Wine on the Mississppi at some point this summer.)

Four things I'm always saying:
1. "Hey babe?"
2. "Emily..." in any tone
3. "What the f**k?" - usually but not limited to work
4. "I don't know" - mostly at work. For some reason, a select few employees seem to think I know everything. Flattering, but annoying.


6 comments:

  1. hahah Love this and love learning some random facts about you!! people ALWAYS call me cassidy or cassandra if they don't know me very well. so I usually just answer to it, now if people keep forgetting my actual name
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are both quite different than Candace!

      Delete
  2. Love this! First, Jennifer...I mean, really? That isn't even close...ugh..some people... Next, tell me more about Charleston...we are headed there for a couple days around 4th of July...we haven't set many plans at this point so I am very open to suggestions!! And...we are currently midway through season 2 of Parenthood...loving it so far. How far along are you into SOA now? And yay for running!! You have a full calendar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know - I am definitely not a Jennifer!

      Charleston was way back in High School, so my memories are vague. I remember a great shopping district downtown, and there was like an open air farmer's market type thing that was really cool. It may have been in the Old Slave Mart?

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah. I'm with you on cheesy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm cheese! We're actually eating a lot less of it as we move into summer, but I can never turn down some yummy, melty cheese.

      Delete