Friday, June 26, 2015

Fitness Friday

Happy Friday!

I've been recovering from my race this week, so the theme for this week has been "easy, easy, easy!"

Saturday - The Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon. See my recap here. 13.1 miles in 1:52:59 - 8:38 pace.

Sunday - Resting & recovering. My quads and hamstrings definitely felt used. So lots of stretching and some foam rolling.

Monday  - Another rest day. Between the rain and not rehydrating the best after the race (read: Alison should not drink beer as a recovery drink), I'm going on day 3 of a migraine headache. Thankfully it cleared up by mid-morning, but no running for me today. I did fit in some hip & lower leg strength exercises after work though.

Tuesday - A nice, easy pace 3 miles. It felt good to get back on the road and run some of the race kinks out. Legs are feeling good! Paces were: 9:53, 9:50, 9:45.

Wednesday - I woke up at my usual time to fit in my circuit training routine. 4 sets of strength exercises with three 800m jogs in between. It takes about 30 minutes, and I watch the news at the same time. I haven't done it in a little while, so my legs felt the burn after all those dang mountain climbers. But I wanted to get some kind of exercise in today, despite it being a "rest" day. We went to an event called "Wine on the Mississippi" tonight, that includes...wait for it...wine! Also, wood-fired pizza and live music. So I wanted to bank some calories. :o)

Thursday - an easy 3 miler again. Nothing too exciting about this run. It was cool, but humid, and I got to run through some patches of fog. Average pace: 9:38.

Side note: I started memorizing the Detroit marathon course, mostly out of boredom. Did you know that there is a whole mile that goes through a tunnel? It's from Canada back into Michigan, known as the "Underwater Mile". Apparently, it's a thing.


Friday - Another easy 3 miles. I know I'm supposed to be resting this week after my race, but these easy 3's are getting a little boring. But I have 11 miles planned for Sunday, so I guess I should stop complaining. Average pace: 9:42.

So there you have it, folks. What a recovery week looks like in the midst of marathon training - 20 miles of easy running. No biggie!

How do you feel about running through a tunnel? Over bridges? 

No comments:

Post a Comment