Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday Favorites: Contigo Water Bottle

Hello and Happy Friday!

Since it's freezing cold here and across the country, with no end in sight, I'm trying to think happy thoughts. Like that I have nothing to do this weekend but laundry and cleaning, so I don't have to go anywhere in the cold. I can stay home in sweats all weekend long, and that's perfectly fine.

Also, I am totally loving my new water bottle. I'm usually not one to rave about something so simple, but this is a pretty great product.

The Contigo Autoseal Grace Water Bottle.


My last water bottle was lost at the wedding I was in, and I decided that even if I found it that it was officially the germy bottle from when I was sick. So I needed a new one. I am super picky about my water bottles because I don't like a straw or the sports bottle type pop-top. I also want a BIG bottle so I have a better chance at getting my daily H2O requirement. 

Did you know that the whole "8 glasses a day" is just not true? Now the recommendation is half your weight in ounces. So a 130lb woman should be drinking 65 ounces of water a day, on average. Of course it could be more if you're working out, sweating a lot, breastfeeding (probably not an issue for the guys!) or something similar. That's just a base line to follow. 

This bottle is great because it's 32 ounces, so I only need to drink 2 of these a day. Easy peasy. It's not even 9am and I've already had 24 ounces! I love that it has clear markings too, so I can see where I am for the day.

The best part is the "autoseal" button:


I usually carry my water bottle in my purse, and am forever getting water all over my purse. You'd think I would have learned by now. This button opens the mouth piece, and really is water tight. I held it upside down with it closed and not a drop escaped! 

It's also really easy to function at 5am when I'm on the treadmill and not quite awake yet. Easy is good. 

At $15, it's probably a little more expensive that what I would normally pay for a water bottle, but so far I'm really happy with it. It's all about the little things!

Do you drink enough water every day? What's in your cup this morning?

2 comments:

  1. I too don't like straws or pop tops. Will have my teeth marks after a while since i have to bite them when opening with one hand!

    I lost this exact bottle at the gym and when I went to the lost and found, there were three! $12 and I really love this bottle so i took a plunge and just picked one hoping that was mine! (and not one that has touched someone else's mouth!) but now you got me thinking what if the person was sick?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good wash with some really hot water and some bleach would probably take care of any foreign germs. I think you're probably ok!

      Delete