Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Celebrate!

I'm linking up again this week with Deb Runs for her Wednesday Word.

Deb Runs


This week, our word is Celebrate.

What a great word for this season! It seems like there's so much to celebrate this time of year, between Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year's, and everything in between. There's office parties, school parties, neighborhood parties, family parties. Party party party!

It can kind of get overwhelming. Right? Who's with me here?

Sometimes, it's nice to dial back the celebration a little. This year, I'm trying to enjoy the little things that go into the season.

Like cuddling up on the couch with my husband after a (very) long, (very) hard day to enjoy a glass of wine in my Spode glass, with a Christmas cookie or two (or three - who's counting?).


Or relishing in fun traditions with my daughter, like baking Christmas cookies and pulling out a new ornament each day on our Advent Calendar.


This year, we're even skipping the big, huge family party at great-grandma's house. Instead, we're opting to stay home with my husband's immediate family, and enjoy a relaxing, quiet evening on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Well, there's still nearly 10-11 of us, but you get my drift.

Some years it is fun to Celebrate - capital "C", but this year seems like a good year to cozy up, simmer down, and celebrate - little "c".

How do you celebrate the holidays? Big and lavish, or small and comfortable?

14 comments:

  1. I actually like smaller gatherings. I tend to get overwhelmed at large parties. Even in a large gathering, I find a small group to hang with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be a bit of an introvert, so big parties just exhaust me!

      Delete
  2. I am feeling a little over whelmed myself these days! Celebrating with a little c sounds really nice. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the little "c" celebrations too (I need to remember that!). For example, snuggling up to watch Christmas movies and drinking a little eggnog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to getting together with my cousins every year. Even though our Gramma Grayce has been gone for 14 years, we still make an effort to have the annual big dinner. We have moved that celebration, though, to the Saturday before Christmas, so we all can have our own celebrations in our own homes on Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are enjoying a low key Christmas. It's hard when it is so busy and loses the meaning so I'm glad you are slowing down. I'm sure you will be happy with your choice. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So far, so good. Turns out that we'll be having Christmas Eve at the Grandma's house anyway, so even less stress!

      Delete
  6. When my grandmother was alive we had a huge Christmas dinner on Christmas night with all of my mom's family. Now each family does their own thing. I miss those big gatherings. Enjoy your quiet Christmas Eve!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great plan to just have a low key Christmas. I love the holiday season. But I often feel like it goes by in the blink of an eye, and that's mainly due to how busy this time of year can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I feel like we just celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, and Christmas is only a week away!

      Delete