Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Spill your bag, ladies!

I was recently contacted by RueLaLa on writing about their new Handbag Style Guide, or Handbags 101. I've seen some other bloggers posting about their handbag essentials lately, and I thought it would be fun to combine the two.

If you don't know about RueLaLa (because you're living under a rock), it's a flash sale site offering designer brands at deeply discounted prices. I have bought a few things from them, and can honestly say it's the real deal. Great prices, great designers, and great customer service. 

They've introduced Handbags 101 to help those of us that are not the savviest get to know purses a little better. Type, hardware, brand names, and even care tips - they cover all the bases! 

What type of purse do you like the best? Being a working mom on the go, I'm a fan of totes and hobo bags. But not super huge that you lose your kitchen sink in it. I think both Travis and Emily think that my purse is a mythical place where just about anything and everything can be found. The new bag that I received in my last Stitch Fix box is probably the largest bag that I'm comfortable with.

So, what's really in mom's purse? Here are my essentials:


1. Wallet with a wrist strap that can go on it's own if need be. 
2. Cell phone
3. Keys
4. Water bottle - gotta stay hydrated.
5. Vera Bradley pouch to contain all the chap stick and lip gloss that would normally fly around at the bottom.
6. Tiny nail care kit - for when you have those annoying hang nails that catch on everything!
7. A book. Whatever I happen to be reading at the time. 
8. Traveling wine bottle opener - you would be amazed at the number of times this has come in handy. Or maybe not so much if you know how much I like wine. *wink wink*

Also included at any given time: band aids, flash light, wipes, sippy cups, iphone charger...the list goes on and on! 

See why I need a big purse? There's a lot that goes in to being a well-prepared mom on the go! Not sure what type is best for you? Go check out RueLaLa's Handbag Style Guide to get some ideas.

*disclaimer: Although I was contacted directly to write this post, I was not compensated by RueLaLa in any way. All opinions are my own.

What's in your bag? Spill it and tell us!


No comments:

Post a Comment