Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, dear friends!

I have to share this nifty little gadget with you. My Mom & Dad gave it to us for Christmas, and I love it!

It's the Markcharles Misilli Egg Cooker. Of course, it came from QVC. Because my mom is a QVC junkie.


Let me tell you why this is so cool. You can hard boil eggs with it, make omelets, poach eggs, and make deviled eggs. It comes with a handy little instruction booklet with some recipes. You fill the little cup with water according to the appropriate line on the cup for what you're making.


Personally, I really like it to make omelets in the morning. This is my new breakfast craving. You pour the water from the cup into the base, and sit the omelet dish on top of the hard boiled egg tray. Fill the cup with your eggs (I usually just do one) and whatever mix-ins you'd like. I normally add some diced bell pepper. I've also added red onion and mushroom, and some cheese. 


Then just pop the dome top back on, hit the button, and wait for the light to turn off! It's so simple! It normally takes about 6 minutes for my omelet to cook. It all works by steam, which I think is so neat! While it's cooking, I have time to get coffee going, or finish packing my lunch for the day, or whatever. I don't have to stand over it and watch it cook. 


Here's the finished product! Because the steam keeps things kind of damp in there, the omelet just slides right out onto the plate.


Voila! I like to top mine with a little black bean salsa. I haven't tried hard boiled eggs yet, but Trav has done a poached egg and said it was very good. I like that it is so quick, and I don't have to mess with the stove top and hot pans that early in the morning. If you're anything like me, mornings are all about whatever is easiest and fast. Done and done baby!

Do you have any fun gadgets that make your life easier in the kitchen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment