Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Belated Christmas!

Well, things are finally starting to get back to normal in the Scofield household after a week off of work and school. I am actually glad to be back to our normal routine. Days on end of cold weather and being stuck in the house can get a little trying, even with tons of new toys to play with! 

We had a really great Christmas this year, full of fun festivities, food, and of course...presents! "Santa" was very good to my girl this year. We try to limit what we give her and what Santa brings to 3 presents each, because ultimately, Emily still gets a truck load of toys and clothes from her grandparents, aunts, and uncles. This year was no exception!

Pre-mayhem picture

Travis made this adorable dress rack for all of Emily's princess dresses. It could not have turned out any cuter! He also revamped an old jewelry box for her to put all her dress up jewelry in. I don't have any pictures of that, but I am super proud of my hubby and his craftiness!

Excuse my tired face here.

Emily was so excited about Christmas this year. It makes Christmas so much more fun seeing it through the joyful eyes of a kid again!

Big cheesin'!



I was most excited about this cookbook from Skinny Taste. I've been following her blog and making more of her recipes. They are actually full of flavor and really good for having way less calories. In fact, I made her Baked Pasta with Sausage and Spinach for Christmas dinner, and no one even guessed that it was a low calorie dish!


Of course, I was also super stoked about receiving new running shoes. Now I don't have to worry about shelling out for my next pair!

In the end, it took us about 2 hours to unwrap everything, check everything out, and of course - play with everything.


I had a pretty tired girl by the end of the morning. But after some breakfast and a few hours to relax a bit, then she was ready for round 2 with the extended family.

We had a great Christmas, and I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful memories made with my family.

Merry Christmas!


1 comment: