Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins

Also known as "Fall goodness that needs to be in my belly".

I first saw this recipe on Julie's blog, Table for Two. If you want some good recipes - go to Julie's blog. We've made several of her recipes and I've pinned tons more. She's such a good cook and comes up with awesome flavors!

These muffins are like a sweet and savory treat. Our weather is definitely Fall like, so I thought Emily and I could do a little bonding via baking. Also, I ran 11 miles on Saturday, so I was feeling like treating myself.

First, assemble your ingredients:


Then, mix your dry ingredients in one bowl. You can fold the eggs, butter, and pumpkin puree in another bowl or in a fancy stand mixer if you have one. I do not. Sad face!

 
Best little helper!
Combine the two with a mixer (handheld or stand). You're supposed to add the dry to the wet mixture, but my dry was in the bigger bowl. I don't think it mattered at all.

Then, chop up your semi-sweet chocolate. Make sure you get two bars. Don't be a dummy like me and only get one. You need 6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate, and one bar is typically only 4 ounces. Luckily I had another bar of unsweetened that I could use. I don't think it affected the flavor at all. After you chop that up, fold it into the muffin mix.


Once you've got everything mixed together, fill up your muffin tin. This is pretty thick, so best to use a spoon. Bake at 350 for 20-25 (23 was perfect for the first batch, 21 for the second). Then let them cool for about 5 minutes before you transfer them to a wire rack.


This made 17 muffins for me. We had a little left over from the first batch. You'll notice there is one missing here. We couldn't help ourselves and had to taste before the second batch was out of the oven!


Nothing makes me say "yum" more than melty chocolate. Yum yum yum!

 
Kid tested, kid approved.


Like I said earlier, these are a savory and sweet treat. The pumpkin spice helps it not to be too sweet, but the chocolate is just the right touch. So far, we kind of love them!

Go to Table for Two for the full recipe and ingredient list. You'll be very happy if you do!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I know some people are anti-pumpkin in fall because pumpkin is becoming so trendy. I on the other hand love ANY excuse to eat more pumpkin flavored stuff. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I'm making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Between these muffins and the pumpkin scented candles I've got going, our house is in full Fall mode! Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete