Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mid-week Check In

Hello and happy hump day! If you haven't seen this video, watch it and get with it, ok?


I have tons of fun things happening today that I can't quite contain myself.

1) A group of us are going out to lunch today for a send-off lunch for an employee. It's sad that she is leaving, but she's moving on to a better opportunity so I'm happy for her.

2) It's book club night! I'm always so excited to go to book club. Mostly because it involves wine and good food, but also great ladies and great conversation. A little about books and a lot about everything else. We're also going to a local restaurant that just underwent a ton of big changes and finally reopened their dining room. I'm excited to check it out!

We read "Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl" by Susan McCorkingdale. This sounded like a light, funny read when I first read the description. Save yourself a ton of time and skip this book. It wasn't funny. It was whiney, self-involved, and pretty pointless. The wasted hours spent reading this book are some I will never get back!

3) My first StitchFix box is coming today! I will post a full review after I open it and see all my goodies. If you want to check it out, and sign up before I post my review (and help a sista out!), you can use my referral link here: Alison's StitchFix. No shame in my game!

4) Tomorrow, hubby and I are going on a date! Say what!?! My sister-in-law rents the garage apartment of a co-worker who has a daughter just a little bit younger than Emily. (Follow that? Sorry, it's confusing) Co-worker keeps saying that Emily should come over and play, and sister-in-law offered to take her for the evening to do just that. So, hubster and I are going to a newly opened restaurant, and then maybe bowling.

Side bar: did you know they serve alcohol at bowling alleys? I truly did not know this for quite some time, probably because the last time I was an avid bowler was in elementary school. I am quite sure that a rum and coke will make me a better bowler.

So, I don't have any real updates for you, but lots of fun stuff to come. Most of it involving eating out, which is my favorite.

Also, did you notice the lay of the land has changed a bit? I thought it was time for a change. I just can't figure out how to get rid of that dang color block way at the top. Anyone know how?

What are you looking forward to? Have you heard of StitchFix? 



No comments:

Post a Comment