Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Training for Tuesdays: What's Next?

Today I'm linking up with the fabulous and fantastic Tracy & Alyssa. Both ladies are doing some pretty awesome things, so you should go check out their blogs if you haven't already. They host this monthly link-up to talk about our training, our goals, and life in general.


alyssagoesbang

Now that I'm done training for Detroit, and I can officially call myself a marathoner, what's next? 

A lot of resting, that's what. I wound up giving myself a nice little case of tendinitis in my foot on my first post-race run, so I'm resting even more that I thought I would. I ordered an indoor trainer for my bike so that I can at least get some rides in this winter and do some cross training. Now if the thing would just show up. 

Oh yea, I'm also getting sick. A word to the wise: after you run a marathon, you will feel like crap. Your body will hurt, you will be tired for days on end, and your immune system will take a nose dive. Avoid any and all sick people & children, and just let the rest happen. I'm having trouble doing this myself, but I'm trying to take my own advice. 

However, don't let that fool you. I will hopefully be back to base training very soon, and starting January 3rd (giving myself some recovery time after NYE), I'm back to marathon training for my next adventure:


The Fargo Marathon! Yep, I drank the kool-aid and I'm hooked on this marathon thing. So, God willing, my body will hold up and get stronger. Hopefully, I'll be able to mentally tough it out on the treadmill all winter, and come May 21st, 2016 be given another chance at running a full marathon. 

The race course is supposed to be flat (hello, have you ever been to North Dakota? Flat as a pancake), and fast. I'm imagining it will be windy though, but I'm hoping for good weather already. 

The course looks pretty cool, and I've heard it's very pretty at that time of year. We even get to run past the iconic Fargo Theatre.


Here's to resting, getting myself back in order, and having a successful second training cycle!

What are you training for? Link up and tell us about it!


13 comments:

  1. Congrats on your marathon and good luck with the second !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your marathon! That is awesome!!! I cant imagine how much wear and tear that takes on the body and you certainly need a little recover time :) Best wishes on your next training journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats girl!! that is awesome. cheers to resting, and good luck for your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on becoming a marathoner!! So incredible and I cannot wait to join your ranks next week. Fargo sounds like it'll be a really fantastic experience. Great call letting your body rest up a bit before diving into more training. And thanks for the heads up about how I'll likely be feeling (that is, like crap) this time next week, hah. I can already taste the Kool-Aid ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! Climbing stairs or bending over to pick something up was torture. But at the same time, when you remember what you did to feel that way - it's kind of ok then ;o)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on becoming a marathoner!!! I'm hoping to join the marathon club eventually! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again on your marathon and woohoo for #2! I think your rest and training are well-timed and you'll absolutely be ready for another stab at it in May. Fargo seems like it would be a cool course to run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing for already being signed up for #2!! Whoo Hooo!! Flat sounds appealing :)

    ReplyDelete