Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tick Tock

I think I've finally hit the wall. The wall of being sick of training for a race and just wanting to do it already. I feel like I'm just waiting and waiting, and I just want to race already! My half-marathon is a short 15 days away.

I was feeling pretty on top of my game, until I skipped a run this morning. It was just one of those mornings where I could think of way too many reasons to get back in bed versus hitting the road. I know it's not the end of the world, but runner's guilt...it's a real thing.

We're also planning on visiting my parents in Florida at the end of June, so I suppose I just want everything to hurry up. I can't wait to hit the pool, or the beach! I want to sip beverages and eat some yummy seafood by the ocean! My mom sent me this picture of their community pool over the weekend.


I think it's safe to say that she's just rubbing it in my face at this point. I mean, look at that water! Those palm trees! The cloudless sky!

We've had our fair share of gorgeous days lately too, so I'm really not trying to complain about the weather. I'm just totally ready to be on vacation.

But first, I have to run this dang trail race I signed up for. I wonder if I run 13.1 miles this weekend, if I can count a training run as a PR? One thing I am looking forward to is the waterpark at the hotel we're staying at. Even if it is inside.


There's a lazy river, a splash pad, and water slides! Not quite as relaxing as I want, but should be lots of fun! I've stayed here before, and I don't remember the water park being so big. I bet to my little almost-3 year old though, the park will feel huge! I can't wait to see her reaction!

Do you have any fun summer plans yet? Are you enjoying a pool/beach/lake already? 


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about just wanting the race to be over with already. But it's almost here! Keep at it :) That pool does look amazing, though. It'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 days! I've started stalking the weather - fingers crossed for cool and dry!

      Delete