Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Say what?

I've been meaning to write down some funny things that Emily says. She comes up with some doozies! I always wonder what's going on in her little mind, and what things must seem like to her. It's easy to forget that the world is still full of wonder and amazing things. It's pretty neat getting to explore it again with her.

Sometimes we'll be driving down the road, and she'll call out an object that she sees because it's so amazing. So amazing!! Lately, it's been a particular pond we see driving home from daycare, or any kind of truck or tractor we happen to drive by. "Mama, I saw a tracor!" (She's not aware of that second "t" in tractor yet.) She also loves pointing out a flock of geese that are spending some time near our house before they fly south for the winter. "Geese! Geese says honk honk!"

Here's a short list of some of Emily's funnies. I'm sure I'll be adding to this as time goes by.

- "I can't even...!"  - this is usually saved for moments of exasperation, like when she climbs up on our bar-height kitchen chairs and can't figure out how to get back down. "I can't even get down from here!" I'm not sure where the "even" part of it came from, but it makes me giggle.

- "Maybe, but I don't think so." - This is typically reserved for when I'm telling her that it's bed time, or bath time, or time to do anything that she doesn't necessarily want to do.

- "I'll tell Grandma." - This gem pops out of her mouth during any type of disagreement. I won't give her a cookie, I put her in timeout, I called her an endearing name like "sweetie" and she disagrees that that's her name. Which leads to...

- "No, I Emily!" - Pretty much anytime I use a cute or sweet nickname for her such as sweetie, sweetheart, love, baby, or even just Em, she corrects me. Oh that's right, that's your name! I'm only, you know, the person that gave it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment