Monday, November 11, 2013

I am a BEAST

No, really. At least, that's what I have to tell myself so I get out in the dang snow and cold to run. FYI, these things are amazing:

I ran 9.5 miles on Sunday with these bad boys strapped on, and ice and snow were no match for me! There was one spot where I think I touched my toe down instead of the ball of my foot, so there I slipped a little. But one spot out of thousands? I'll take that.

Six more long runs (and a taper weekend) before the next half-marathon. For some reason I was thinking 9, and that seemed like a really long time. 6 is doable. Now I just need to buck up and keep running in the cold. I am a beast, I am a beast, I am a beast!

2 comments:

  1. You are a beast! I am a wimp when it comes to running in snow. Not that it snows much in OK, so I'm good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was no beast this morning. Single digit temps with a negative windchill meant a treadmill run for me this morning! I mean, everyone has to have a breaking point, right?

    ReplyDelete