Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hints of Christmas

It's the day before Thanksgiving, and all the food is bought. Nothing is prepared yet, but it will be. Then Friday I will be like a whirling Christmas dervish trying to get all of my decorations up during naptime. I decorate then so little hands don't try to play with all the decorations and break things. They're less noticeable once they are up. But in the meantime, some hints of Christmas have been popping up.

These cookie trays magically appeared at the grocery store, so one magically appeared at my house. I'm not sure why I love these so much. Homemade are so much better, but there's something about these pre-made cookie trays that just say "Merry Christmas!" To me anyway.

Then, another box magically appeared via the UPS driver yesterday:


Candles! Christmas Candles! Yankee Candle Christmas Candles! I will admit, I have an addiction to Yankee Candle. I especially love buying Fall and Christmas scents. They had a buy 2, get 2 deal, plus free shipping. How could I resist? 4 might be a little much, but then I'll have some left over for next year. Right? Maybe...

I'm trying to keep my spirits up today. Our sewer is backed up, and despite spending 4 hours last night snaking out our sewer line, we still had to call in a plumber today. I haven't heard the damage yet, but I'm preparing for the worst. So the little things like candles and cookies are keeping me happy.

Also, I'm going to see Catching Fire tonight! Huzzah! If you don't know what this is, please come out from under your rock and read a book (or 3), and then go see this movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment