Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fast and Easy Stromboli

On Friday nights, I don't want to cook. I don't want to do dishes, think about preparing a meal, set the table. Nothing. But that's kind of hard when you're trying to minimize how much you go out to eat. Sometimes we'll get a take n'bake pizza from Papa Murphy's. I love me some Chicken Herb Mediterranean pizza! But the same old gets a little boring after awhile. 

Enter this little gem: the stromboli! 

I found the recipe on Pinterest, and thought "well, that looks really easy!". Until I read the recipe. The original recipe calls for making your own dough. 

Uhm, I'm not having any of that. 

So, I bought a pre-made Pillsbury pizza crust. You know, the kind in the tube. It's already square, so that's perfect. Even better: I don't have to make it. This recipe is so simple. You basically roll out your dough, layer provolone cheese, salami slices, and banana peppers. Then roll it up into a log, brush on some olive oil, sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top, and bake it for 25-30 min at 400 degrees. I also warmed up a little spaghetti sauce to dip it in. Yumm!

The best thing is, you could totally make this your own by adding different ingredients. Winner, winner, stromboli dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment