Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Heat Wave!

We're finally hitting temps at or above freezing this week. Hooray! Although they are not forecasted to stay around, and it will likely be down to 10ish again by this weekend. Sad face.

But I'm trying to stay positive! I'm hoping that three days of warm weather will be enough to melt the gigantic snowbanks we have on either side of our driveway. They're so tall that it makes seeing around them slightly difficult. I've brought you photographic evidence:


Here is the end of my driveway. I'm not really sure what the streak is going through the bank. Maybe Travis was trying to do a little snow art with the blower...


Here's a shot just for reference. That's the top of Trav's truck peeking out from the top of the bank. We don't officially have an extra space over there, but we do have a dip in the sidewalk for a driveway there, so it's become the third parking spot. Travis plows around his truck, too.


He plowed out a bit of our back sidewalk/patio area. I'm pretty sure that's over 2 feet of snow. If you look in the back of the picture, you can see that the snow comes up to the windows of that building. Got snow?

For the most part, the city does a good job at keeping the roads plowed. Business owners utilize tractors and plows to clear out parking lots. Although it's hard to get down to the pavement, so parking becomes a fun game when there's no lines.

I've been tempted to run outside again this week since it's warmed up, but these snowbanks worry me. I'm a little afraid of coming around a corner or up to a stop sign and not being seen by a driver. So I think I'll just plod along on my treadmill for a little while longer.

Speaking of Spring, I'm running in the Hope Springs 5K at the end of April again this year, and I'm really looking forward to it. This is a great, local charity that provides support for cancer patients. They supply things like gas cards and grocery store gift cards to help supplement the patient's income while in treatment - knowing that many cancer patients have to quit their jobs or go on an unpaid leave due to the ill effects or sheer amount of treatment. If you'd like to donate, you can visit my page at: Alison's Page.


I have zero donations so far - help a sista out!

So, with that in mind...

What kind of crazy winter weather have you had this year?
What are you most looking forward to this Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment