Sunday, September 18, 2011

Murphy's Law

I am dead tired, and Emily is finally napping. You'd think I could nap too then, right? Of course not! Sometimes the brain just won't shut down, so here I am, updating you on my life.

Why am I so tired? Well, I'll tell you. Yesterday Travis and I drove down to Baxter, MN, about 2 hours away. Again, you ask, why?

To buy this:
A new car! (say it like on the Price Is Right). This is my new (to me) 2008 Ford Escape. It has tinted windows, cruise control, all wheel drive, yada yada yada. Last weekend we were perusing and found the add for this little gem. So after talking to the dealership this week, we went down this weekend and scooped her up. Since we just paid off my car, we got a sweet deal and my payments are lower than on the Kia. Yippy! I figured it was time to have a more "family" vehicle to fit all our stuff in. Hey, babies come with a lot of stuff. And this way, when we go to Florida next time, my mom has even more room to cram full of Christmas stuff for the drive back :o)

Travis had a benefit gig with the band last night, which happened to be down that way. Since I wasn't ready to leave Emily overnight, I drove back and he stayed down there for the gig. Grandma babysat for us during the day. Boy am I glad I came home.

Last night Emily was a lot more fussy and noisy in her sleep than normal. She's been great at sleeping through the night lately. Last night was no exception, she was just getting a really unrestful sleep. I had to go in her room twice to turn her Sleep Sheep on (google it), to help soothe her.

I went in again around 5:30 this morning, and she was awake in her crib. I thought she needed to be changed and fed, so I went to pick her up when I noticed bubbles of spit all around her mouth. It literally looked like she was foaming at the mouth. I immediately picked her up and began pounding on her back because I wasn't sure if she was choking on her spit or what, but I knew she wasn't breathing evenly and I was scared out of my mind.

I got the suction bulb and started sucking all the foamy spit out of her mouth, which helped a little. Then I could tell she was super congested and snotty, so I sucked out her nose too. Our heat has been on for the past few days, and I think it's a lot drier than she's used to. She threw a fit, gagged a lot and cried, but I got it all out. When I picked her back up she immediately passed out on my chest.

Scariest moment of my life.

I spent the next two hours with her sleeping on my chest so I could make sure she was breathing. She got more sleep, but needless to say I didn't. She's perfectly fine today, probably doesn't even remember it. It was a little traumatizing for me though! I guess we'll be breaking out the humidifier tonight.

Here's a few cute photos to leave you with:

Sucking on Mr. Teddy's ears and nose. Yummy!

Sporting the skinny jeans. She's so stylish!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment