Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pictures?

Not yet. I know what you're thinking though. "Geez, they've been in this new house for a few days now. They could at least show some pictures!" Well, here's the funny thing. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Just a teeny, tiny bit. And we've been busy doing all things un-house related. So naturally, I don't have anything unpacked and I have not taken pictures of our new house. Don't believe me? Well here's our schedule for the past few days:
Wednesday: Move, in the mud and freezing rain. Oh boy!
Thursday: Ali goes to work, Travis unpacks the vitals like the computer and the guitars
Friday: Set up for the Perrella Home Show. Later, Travis and Ali try to buy curtains at Walmart. Giant fail.
Saturday: Home show from 8-5. Return to Walmart with ugly curtains, buy new curtains. 2nd giant fail.
Sunday: Go to old house to clean and get the remaining items we left behind.

I know you're thinking that there had to be time in between there for general unpacking and picture taking, but I promise you there was not. I have literally fallen into bed every night, asleep before my head hits the pillows.

Luckily I don't have to do anything tomorrow but unpack and get the house organized. The plus side is that we do have all our new appliances and they all seem to be in working order. (*Knocks on wood*) However, we have already identified 5 "projects" that need to be taken care of ASAP. We have some leaking in the basement due to runoff/window problems, two pipes that need to be refitted due to one leaking issue and one "sellers were idiots, what the hell were they thinking?" issues, and one fascia issue that basically runs along the same lines. Lucky for us, a good friend works for a construction company that can take care of all these things. We'll be calling him tomorrow to come out for a quote. Hopefully we get the "friend" discount!

The home show was a great success, but a lot of work. My company puts it on, so we're the face of the entire operation. Which means lots of meet & greet, lots of checking on vendors, and just general goodwill all day long. Being nice for that long is tiring. Travis had a booth though, and he got a lot of interest and some good contacts (thanks to our greenhouse gift certificate and two lawn chairs raffle), so it was a good day!

As you can see, we've been busy beavers lately. I promise pictures will be here eventually. I need to find the camera anyway, so just sit tight - I know it's hard but you can do it!

1 comment:

  1. I don't envy you having to move this time of year with the melting snow & mud! But just think, come summer, you will be all set up and ready to enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete