Monday, December 16, 2013

Baby it's cold outside...

Guess what?! It's snowing! Old news, right? But guess what again!? It's going to get above 15 degrees today! Can you believe it!!??!?

Of course, this means we're getting snow. Lots of it. I think our warm temperatures are only here for a few days though, and then we plunge back into the single digit temps. Right around the time my parents fly in next weekend to spend Christmas with us.

Mwhahahahahaha....

No, seriously. I wish it weren't so cold for their visit. It seriously limits the activities we can do. Like going to Bentleyville to look at the lights. This is such a cool place to go during the holiday season. You walk through all the lights, they give away free hot cocoa and cookies, and there's an area where you can roast marshmallows over firepits. The best part? It's all free! We may be able to go after Christmas if the temps warm up a little, but I don't think my parents will be able to appreciate the experience in sub-zero conditions. I did spend some time buying them thermal underwear this weekend though. Maybe we need to test those bad boys out!
See? Doesn't it look awesome?
So we may just go down and drive by the lights. You can see most of it from the highway. But I will be pretty sad if we don't make it at all :o(

Arizona is starting to look really nice right about now. I've started a semi-serious campaign to convince Travis that we should move to Arizona. Either Flagstaff or Prescott, which are both pretty mild in the summer and not nearly as cold in the winter. Whenever something cold, snowy, or otherwise MN related pops up, I say "and that's why we should move to Arizona!" I'm slowly starting to chip away at his resistance. Their current temps are 34 and 47, respectively, and sunny. Uhm yes, I live in the wrong state. Maybe someday!

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing! That is COLD. Yes, move south. It's gonna get up to 65 here today. Craziness!

    ReplyDelete