Monday, August 10, 2009

First day of work

Went as well as could be expected. Filled out some paperwork, did an online orientation thing. The usual. I didn't get to meet everyone because they were pretty busy today but I did get an hour lunch. All right! So I ate at a deli down the street that had an outdoor patio and walked around downtown Virginia a bit. They have a lot of bars, a candy store, a used book store, a theater, a teen center, and some other stuff that I didn't really get to check out.

The highlight of my day: finding out that insurance would only cost me $20 per pay check! I was paying $66 when I left Citizens....talk about crazy. Dental is an additional $5, and vision is about that too. Adding Travis would double it, but still - then we're talking about $60 per paycheck for both of us? Still saving $6!!

Also, we went grocery shopping the other day and spent a whopping $75 for a week and 1/2 worth of food. No sales tax! We even bought some junky stuff like chips and beer. It's good that this is all so cheap though, since I'll be making quite a good deal less than before. But I think it will all work out for us in the end.

Having something to actually go and do today has completely wiped me out. Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment