I saw this survey over on Run Eat Repeat last week, and thought it would be fun to do too!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or a mountain trail?
Beach path, for sure.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race's aid stations, what would it be?
Lemon lime. I never understand why some races offer RED drinks. Inevitably, it's going to get on you, and then you have to deal with red stains on your running clothes.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing you would purchase with it?
Probably some new running tops. Mine are getting pretty ratty.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far/fast you want to run?
Training plan. I usually run so early in the morning that it's nice not to have to really think about the run. Just do what's on the plan.
5. Would you rather start your run uphill and end on a downhill, or start downhill and end uphill?
Start uphill, finish downhill. Or just stay flat. That's good too!
6. When you can't run, what type of cross training do you chose to do?
Lately, biking. I've also started doing Pilates as my strength training, and I love it!
7. What's your preference - out and back or point to point or loop runs?
Loop runs on days when my motivation is seriously lacking, because then there's no temptation to just turn around and cut it short. But usually my long runs are out and back.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be...?
Good shoes are a must. But probably also non-cotton running clothes. No one likes chaffing.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on runs?
I've seen rabbits, colorful birds, a few deer, and a baby bear!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Not truly lost, but recently I did overshoot a block on a run in town and had to think for a second on where exactly I was. Luckily, not too far off course.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days, what would it be?
Hmm, this one is hard. I typically don't like to eat something big after a run. A banana with peanut butter is my go-to. But I do love having a big, juicy cheeseburger for dinner after a long run. And sweet potato fries!
12. Capris or shorts...what do you run in most often?
I am a capri girl, all the way. Unless it's supppppper hot and humid, but even then - capris don't seem to bug me or make me hotter.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it's warmed up and ready to go?
It usually takes me a mile or so to get into a groove.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
Since my family is usually still home when I run, I typically don't take a key with me. But if I drive somewhere to run, I usually stow it in my fuel belt.
15. If you could relive any race you have done in the past, which one would it be?
Another hard one! Probably my second half marathon (Garry Bjorklund Half @ Grandma's Marathon), because it was my first sub-two hour and I definitely did not think that was going to happen!
Feel free to copy, paste, and add your own answers!