Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year's Eve!

I've been struggling with writing this post, mainly because I usually do a recap of my year around this time but my life was so running-centric in 2015 that I feel like my last post covered it. However, my life is more than just pounding the pavement, so I feel like I should recap the rest of my life too. You know, the important stuff. So here's a little of our adventures in 2015!

January - Travis and I danced the night away at my company Christmas party. This is noteable because it's the one and only time we went dancing this year. Sad!

February - Our house got the stomach flu, and I was in a wedding! Ignore that last bit of that post that talks about running.

March - We went to the North Shore for a family weekend, and had an adult getaway for our 6th anniversary in Duluth. World travelers!

April - My parents had an epic journey to the Great White North, but after a few bumps we had a great time with them!

May - Travis turned 31 and we had another adult getaway in the Twin Cities. We went to a Twins game, and found a new favorite live-music joint.

June - We celebrated Father's Day with my first rhubarb pie, and the weather started feeling a little beachy!

July - Emily turned 4! The weather turned HOT, so we started spending a lot of time at the lake and in our backyard pool. Maybe we could upgrade to a bigger one in 2016?

August - We had a 3rd adult weekend in the Twin Cities (!! Who are we?!!), and spent a weekend at the Bear River Fair where Emily won her first ever blue ribbon for carrots out of our own garden!

September - Enjoyed some time at my company's annual picnic, and we got to see some big trucks. Ignore that last part about running. Again.

October - I turned 31, and we drove to Michigan for a little vacation. There may have been some running involved. But it was really about the trip...

November - A 4th adult getaway for Trav and I (so spoiled!) where we attended our first UMD Hockey game, and a great Thanksgiving spent with family.

December - A month filled with Santa visits, making wintery memories, cookies and sledding lessons, and Christmas!

Whew! What a year! I feel so blessed to enjoy the life I have with my little family, and I am looking forward to all that God has planned for us in the coming year. I wish you all happiness and health for 2016!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

2 comments:

  1. You had a lot going on outside of running this year! I love that y'all were able to take so many adult trips together. I don't have kids, but I think still making time for just the two of you is important. One of the things I think makes for a happy marriage is to never stop dating each other.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like reflected back on the year by looking through old posts! :) Lots of fun and excitement all throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete