Friday, November 13, 2015

Life Lately

Hello and Happy Friday!

This is what I woke up to this morning:


Ick. 

It started snowing yesterday, and just didn't stop until sometime last night. Then the wind picked up, so the roads are basically glare ice this morning. What fun! I guess winter is here. It's supposed to warm up this weekend though, so I'm hoping it will melt so that Trav can get the Christmas lights up.

Yes, we put our Christmas lights up in November. If we wait until December, we'll have much more snow and the job is that much harder. Don't worry, I don't turn them on until the day after Thanksgiving!

In other news, Emily got her school pictures back this week.


While I still think she's the cutest thing since the dawn of time - could no one help her with her hair!?! My goodness, she looks like the Tasmanian devil. I'm so glad we have some good pictures from our photographer instead of just these. 



Much better. Her hair is messy here, but wind-blown and stylish messy. Out in nature, got caught in the breeze, messy.

My foot is still bugging me, but I had a deep tissue massage last night and the masseuse really focused on that area. I'm hoping that will help. Plus, another week of no running. It still doesn't hurt to walk on it, it just feels very...full? I hesitate to say swollen, because I don't think it's that. Anyway, fingers crossed!

Trav and I have a fun date night this Saturday, which I'm really looking forward to. More details to come!

How's your life lately? 

8 comments:

  1. SNOW!! Ugh!!! I am so uninterested in cold right now. We are still having jacket weather here. I'm dreading the drastic change this is most certainly ahead! My brother put their lights up this week as well for a similar reason...and they aren't turning them on until after turkey day, too. His kids were so excited to see them on the house though! Hope your foot starts to feel better soon. Sounds uncomfortable :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first thing my daughter asked me yesterday when I picked her up from daycare "Are we going to put the Christmas lights up? Because it's snowing, you know..." Ha! Apparently snow = Christmas to her.

      Delete
  2. Nooooooooo! To the snow....I'm so not ready. It was cold and windy here yesterday and I ran on the treadmill. I think I scared everyone. I never run inside. I'm just not ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all melted this weekend, but we're supposed to get more today or tonight. Ick!

      Delete
  3. School pictures are supposed to be terrible. Everyone knows that :) love the one from the photographer! Cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is beautiful, and I think both pictures are adorable!

    I'm a snow lover, and here in Virginia we don't get enough snow; however, you probably get far more than I'd like! Having lived in both Utah and Colorado, I miss the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get more than what I think is our fair share of it!

      Delete