Monday, November 23, 2015

Lazy Weekend and Warm Drinks

I don't have a ton of important things to say, except one thing:

I RAN!

Twice!

I went out for an easy 3 miles on Saturday morning, and my foot felt great while I was out there. A little discomfort post-run, but I feel like I'm maybe on the upswing of this injury. I taped it last night with some KT tape, and went out for 4 easy miles this morning. Again, no pain! It feels much better post-run today than Saturday, so again - feeling very hopeful!

The one thing I have to contend with now is the cold and snow. Booooo.


I had to break out my Yaktrax for both runs. I probably didn't need them so much on Saturday, but this morning we had about an inch of snow on the ground so they were definitely necessary. I also need to review my cold weather apparel guidelines. Saturday morning it was about 10 degrees starting out, and I only had on one pair of thin gloves. I'm pretty sure I got a little frostnip on my middle fingers. They were frozen solid and so painful by the end of that 3 miles! This morning was warmer at 25 degrees, and I was quite comfortable with just that same pair of gloves again. 

New rule: Double up on gloves/mittens below 20 degrees.

One nice thing about this time of year though: lots of cuddling up on the couch, drinking yummy warm drinks. This particular mug contains coffee, a bit of creamer, and Kahlua. Yum!


Besides my run on Saturday morning, some hurried errands, and church yesterday morning, this was a pretty low key weekend for us. Lots of couch time, football, and enjoying each other. With the holidays right around the corner, I'm taking all the downtime I can get!

What's your preferred warm beverage on a cold, wintery day?

7 comments:

  1. Coming back after an injury is the best feeling ever isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Still a bit of lingering discomfort every now and then, but so much better than a few weeks ago!

      Delete
  2. YAY! You ran! Twice! I can't believe you're already running 10 degree weather...my coldest runs ever were only a little bit colder than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning was 30, so I'm hopeful that that 10 degrees was just a fluke!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are running again...yay!! Those guards on your shoes are neat. I'm assuming they help keep the snow off your sneakers. I was intrigued by them when I saw your insta post. We haven't dipped that low in temp yet...totally dreading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a mug of hot coffee after a cold winter run! It was funny.... this past Saturday it was around 25 degrees at the start of my run. When I met up with my running buddies we were all talking about how we had to put a little more thought into getting dressed that morning. None of us could remember how to dress for cold weather running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to get back into the swing of things when the cold weather rolls around!

      Delete