Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wednesday Word: Carefree?

This week's word from Deb Runs is Carefree.

Deb Runs


To be honest, there is not a bone in my body that knows how to be carefree. Not one.

I am your typical Type A personality. I'm a planner. A doer. A list maker.

I know what I'm doing in 1 hour, in a day, and next month. I plan out meals, cleaning, laundry days, training, run routes, even rest days!

So being carefree is a bit hard for me. Just relaxing and letting the day slip away...that almost gives me hives.

But then there are days when I say to Travis "hey, let's just go hang out on the porch." Let's do nothing. Let's have some snacks, some adult drinks, and maybe just sit there.

Snacks are always included.

I try not to think about the cleaning that needs to be done, the laundry, the strength training I still need to fit in that day, and just relax. 

Admittedly, these days are few and far between. They are probably going to be even fewer and even farther now that Emily has officially started preschool. (Yikes!)


But there will still be days when we can let it all go and just hang out. Forget the "schedule" and allow for some unscheduled fun...

Maybe I should check my calendar and pencil that in...

What does Carefree mean to you? Link up and tell us about it!

9 comments:

  1. LOL! That was me last weekend..nothing on the calendar and I was home alone! And I felt guilty for doing nothing but laying around. Boy, tho, it felt great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you do just need some "veg" time where you don't do anything!

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow ,you sound like me! I worry if I don't have something to do. Yikes. It is important to have those carefree moments even if they don't happen very often...and even if you have to schedule them in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling. Like "how can I not have anything to do right now? I must be forgetting something!"

      Delete
  3. I love unplanned 'do nothing days'.....planning those days gives me anxiety-lol!!

    i too am a Type A but working on letting go...sooooooo hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that I then plan lots of little "do nothing" activities in my "do nothing" day. Ugh!

      Delete
  4. I've always said I have an on/off switch - I'm either going 90 MPH or totally chillin'. I love how you said you need to pencil in some unscheduled fun! Cute!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did go out for dinner last Friday on a whim, even though I had meat defrosted and a dinner actually planned. So I'm putting that one in the spontaneity win column!

      Delete
  5. It's next to impossible to live a carefree life. As a fellow Type A, I know exactly what you mean. But taking the time to slow down every now and then and just relax and enjoy life at a slower, more carefree pace makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete