Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Coffee Date

There's been a lot of hub-bub over coffee on my Facebook feed. Specifically a pumpkin something or other from a major chain coffee house. It's bad, it's good, it's bad for you, it's too early for pumpkin, yada yada yada, blah blah blah.

Really, it's just making me want coffee. A nice cup of coffee, heavy on the cream, a good book, or maybe some good conversation. That sounds nice, right?

Right. So, let's have a little virtual coffee date. I'll tell you the randomness that's on my mind right now, and you can tell me what's on yours if you'd like. I'd like that.

My favorite travel mug. I bring it to work every day.


If we were having coffee, I'd ask that you kindly not laugh at the copious amounts of creamer I put in my coffee. But it's ok, everyone laughs at me. I like a little coffee with my creamer, ok? I'd ask you how things are going in your life. How's work? How's family?

I'd tell you that I think I'm maybe going crazy. Full crazy. Full marathon crazy, that is. I'm very seriously considering registering for the Detroit Free Press Marathon in 2015. It's in October, so the 2014 race hasn't even happened yet. Registration begins in January. Also, I have to get a passport to run it, because it goes over into Canada. But that's pretty cool, right? I still have a couple of months to think about it, but I'm getting my passport now anyway. Just in case.

I'd also tell you that I'm thinking about changing Emily's daycare again. I'm not really loving the one she's at for a host of reasons. But I feel bad about turning her world upside down again so soon. We're on the wait list at a really good daycare in town. I've heard lots of good things about this one, which is at a church and so has Christ centered learning as well. Big plus. The fact that there is a wait list is a good sign too, right?

I'm sure we'd talk about work a bit, too. I'm scared to admit that I'm not sure about my job. I'm feeling unfulfilled and stagnant at work. I ask myself quite often "this is what I went to college for?". But small towns are hard to find good jobs in, and the pay is pretty impossible to match. So I'm feeling a little stuck.

But I'd also want you to know that despite feeling down about work, everything else in my life is pretty great right now. Honestly. Emily is doing fabulous, and we're really getting the potty training thing down. She even made a point of going by herself last night, in her little potty in her room, because I was concerned that she couldn't get out of her footie pajamas. She's totally Ms. Independent and out to prove me wrong about everything. Sigh.

Travis and I would love to have a few more date nights now and then, but we're really good too. We're all healthy, and what more could you ask for?

It's a beautiful day outside today, and I fully intend to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing a cup of coffee with me this morning!

What's going on in your life right now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment