Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Recap

Hello blog world!

This is a little late, but Happy Belated Easter! We had a great day, despite a few bumps along the way.

Since I'm training for a half-marathon right now, and I have a 5K this weekend, I knew I needed to do my long run regardless of the holiday. My plan was to run on Saturday, but our weather included freezing rain, ice, and 22mph winds. Not gonna happen. So I sucked it up and got up super early to run before church. Early as in I saw the sun rise.

The weather was actually beautiful, and I had an awesome run. I'm not sure if I was just in a hurry, or maybe all my training work is helping, but my overall pace was 8:56 min/mile. I ran 10 miles in 1:29:21. Last weekend I ran 9.5 miles in 1:28:50. I was hauling butt, ya'll!

When I returned at 7:50, Emily had just started eating breakfast. I figured our timing was perfect to find her basket and get on the road to church by 9:15. Travis decided to run a covert ops mission for basket hiding this year though, which I had not planned on at all. A little much for a 2 1/2 year old if you ask me. So after some helpful guidance from mom, Emily finally found her basket in the kitchen cabinet.

You wish you were as cool as my kid. 
After discovering what the Easter Bunny brought, I raced upstairs to take a shower. I was making good time and almost done getting ready when I finally heard Travis bring Emily upstairs to get dressed. I listen to them talk about putting her tights on, and her pretty dress. Then I hear:

"Emily, NO!!!".......SPLASH.....

My husband felt it necessary to bring his coffee upstairs to aid in getting clothes on, and of course my daughter spilled it all over her Easter dress. Wonderful...

So I made a mad dash for the dress, rinsed out the coffee in the bathroom sink to the best of my abilities, and threw it in the dryer. It was now 8:45, and I was praying that it dried enough. Cue small crying fit about ruining her dress, having to convince her that everything will be ok, and now being in a slight panic about getting everything together in time. Thankfully, the dress dried in time, and you can't even see the stain. I can, but that's because I'm  mom. Thank God for busy prints!

My adorable girl!

In the end, we made it to church on time and Emily was beautifully behaved through the service. Afterwards, we spent the day at the in-laws playing outside, lounging around watching movies, and eating way too much food.

It was a good day!


How was your Easter? 
Do you have any laundry tips for possibly set in coffee stains?

No comments:

Post a Comment