Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Fall!

It's official, Fall is here! The weather is much cooler, all the leaves have changed and are starting to fall off the trees. That means eventually Travis is going to have to get out there soon and bag them up!

Fall is my absolute favorite season. I'm such a geek for pumpkins, candy apples, hot apple cider, corn mazes. You name it. So last weekend we decided to take Emily to the pumpkin patch. I know she won't remember it, blah blah blah, but we have to start family traditions at some time!

So we went for about a half hour :o) They had a corn maze, a hay ride, a little petting zoo, and lots and lots of pumpkins. Of course, you had to pay for it all, so we decided to wait until next year for that stuff. We took pictures with the pumpkins, walked around and watched everyone else, and enjoyed a hot cup of apple cider.
You can't really see it, but Emily and I are holding a tiny pumpkin - just her size!
We tried to do a photo op with her sitting against the pumpkins, but she wasn't having any of that! Those pumpkins are scary! She was happy as long as I was holding her and she could see what everyone else was doing. Any time I attempted to sit her with a pumpkin, big or small, the waterworks started! Oh well, at least I'm trying to create some good family memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment