Thursday, August 11, 2011

Introducing...



Emily!! This is what I've been working on in my absence. Emily Faith was born on 7/30 at 3:02 pm weighing in at 9lbs 2 oz and measuring 22 inches long. She's a big girl!

I was officially 9 days late on her birthday. The night before I went to the fair again with my in-laws to watch Trav's band play. We ended up having to park really far away, and I think all the walking did me in. My water broke at home around 4:00, so we went to the hospital and got settled in there. Labor progressed pretty fast until I got the pain meds at 11:30, which seemed to slow everything down quite a bit. They started me on Pitocin to make my contractions stronger and I started actively pushing at noon. 3 hours later, Emily finally made her debut!

We've all been settling in and adjusting to life with baby. Thankfully she's a pretty good sleeper, and we've only had to get up once or twice with her every night. Of course, I check on her a lot more than that but that's what new, paranoid mothers do!
Going home! I'm still looking pretty tired here, even after two days of resting!
Here she is getting a little burp time in with Daddy.

Not to sure about hanging out on her boppy.

So that's what we've been up to lately. Hopefully I can keep up with my posts during nap times!


No comments:

Post a Comment