Sunday, January 30, 2011

Work work work

Waking up at 5:45, on the road by 7, in the office by 8. Leaving at 4:30, home by 5:30. Dinner, dishes, packing lunches, ironing clothes, bed time. Oh yes, so this is what it's like to have a day job.

Is it over yet?

I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but there is some kind of chemical imbalance in my brain that just does not make me suitable for a typical office job. Maybe it's the 50 minute commute? More likely that I've been doing my exact same job from home that I'm now required to do in the office. That probably has something to do with it. Oh well, it's a paycheck, right?

Travis also started his new job as the custodian of our new office. His hours are 9-whenever he finishes. He's been getting home about 8 every night. The first day we rode in together - and that was the only day we did that. I hate being in the office until 4:30, so I was extremely unenthusiastic about being there until after 7. No thank you. So I go in early and he drives himself in. Not the most cost-friendly, but we have a feeling his hours will be changing to be more like 12-8.

Actually, we're in for a lot of changes. We got a shocking call yesterday morning that the owner of our company passed away suddenly on Friday night. He was in his early 70's, but it is always tragic when someone passes so unexpectedly. I had talked to him a lot on Friday and he was in a great mood, and seemed to be in good health. He had just stepped back into the role of CEO, so I'm not sure what will happen with the structure of our company. I'm also not really sure what will happen with my new position and if that will stay the same.

So hug your loved ones extra tight today.

No comments:

Post a Comment