Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween is over - bring on Christmas?!

It sure feels like now that Halloween is over, everyone is ramped up for Christmas. Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE Christmas. There are no if's, and's, or but's about it - Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I come by it naturally; my mother is equally as crazy about the holiday. And I go all out. Christmas tree, decorations, dishes, blankets, carols all month long, you name it. But I'm just not ready!

Whatever happened to Thanksgiving? I mean, sure, we all get happy about the day off and the good food. But it feels like a speed bump along the way to the "big day". I think we all need to just slow down a bit and chill out. Let's get excited about turkey day!

One reason I'm particularly excited about Thanksgiving this year is that I get two days off for the holiday. My office is closed on "Black Friday", meaning that it may be possible for Travis and I to score some good deals! We haven't shopped on Black Friday for a few years, but cleaned up on gifts for our family and some things for ourselves. Gotta love a sale! The best part about where we live is that in a small town you don't get swarms of people. Sure, there are crowds, but nothing compared to a big city!

For the record - Halloween was a bit of a bust around here. I bought a lot of candy, planning on lots of Trick-or-Treaters since we have quite a few kids in our neighborhood. We only got about 10-15 kids, so we have tons of candy left over! (Although that's really ok in my book.)

So bring on Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I always hated seeing Christmas come too early, often even before Halloween... now that we have Reef Botanicals & stuff that could qualify as Christmas & Chanukah presents... I see the retailers' point of view, I'm sad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Target and WalMart had Christmas stuff out WEEKS before HALLOWEEN! Like, the halloween stuff was getting pushed out by last Wednesday to make room for christmas...

    I need to hurry up and put my Thanksgiving dishtowels out, before it's over! I won't forget you Thanksgiving!

    This year I plan to be a Christmas nut too, for at least the weeks leading up to it, since we are never in town for Christmas itself...I think you rubbed off on me a little, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete