Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th!

Or 6th. Whatever, you know what I mean. So I'm a little late!

We had a great holiday weekend, and I was surprised by having Monday off too! It was a much needed day of recuperation and rest.

This weekend we were blessed with temperatures hovering at 90 degrees, so it truly felt like the 4th of July. Travis and I spent the day in Side Lake watching the parade and pic-nic-ing with the family. Afterward we went to a friend's house for a little 4th party. There was food, beer, and music. Which, of course, is always followed by dancing. But not always good dancing. Here is photographic evidence to prove it:


Why yes, that is the chicken dance. Good call! I assure you that there was much more normal, even good, music going on before and after this. We just so happened to only take pictures while chicken dancing.









Having musical friends also means we are serenaded with live music from time to time as well. Actually, more often that not, we get live music! Here's Dan and Trav being the "band".








Somehow we missed the fireworks at McCarthy beach, but we did get to see quite a few around the neighborhood. They're illegal up here, but a quick trip to Wisconsin will produce a multitude of fireworks fruit. So we still had a show!

Monday evening I had a riding lesson, so it was a good thing I was able to sleep in and lounge around all day. Oh yea! I forgot to mention! I'm riding again! I found a small barn with a trainer my age through one of Trav's new clients. She rides mostly Western, but does a little English and she had phenomenal horses. She's put me on her "show horse" Noah. He's a 16.3hh Quarter Horse - which is huge for a QH. He's only 5, but has a great mind and has been very kind to me and my out of shape body thus far. This has been such a missing piece of my life, I'm not so sure how I went nearly 3 years without riding. I am paying for it now though. Yesterday was my second lesson, and I walked away tired, sore and happy.

I hope you all had a great Independence Day! Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment