I am really looking forward to ringing in the new year tonight. We are going to dinner and a comedy show with Trav's siblings. It is kind of rare for all of us to hang out together, sans parents and kids, so it should be a fun evening!
Besides staying up until midnight, drinking champagne, and partying, New Year's Eve is also when everyone starts rolling out the resolutions. I typically don't make hard and fast resolutions, but do give myself ideas to think about for the rest of the year. Last year my goals were to just stay active & fit, and maybe run 2 half marathons. I'd say check and check on those!
Looking back on the past year has made me a bit nostalgic. Here's some of my favorite posts from 2014:
1. January I talked about Surviving Winter (and it was a frigid one at that!)
2. In February, I started participating in the Runner's Tell All Link Up, and discussed why I started running.
3. March brought our 5th wedding anniversary. My how time flies!
4. I celebrated Easter in April with a 10 mile run and covert ops basket hiding missions.
5. Travis turned 30 in May!
6. I proudly ran a sub-2 hour half marathon in June.
7. Emily turned 3 in July!
9. In September we started celebrating Fall in full swing with festivities and pumpkin muffins.
10. October was full of fun with my 30th birthday and a trip to St. Louis for the Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon!
11. In November I had braces put on and started my love affair with pecans.
12. December brought the holidays with a fun trip to see the lights, and a dinner with no lights.
For 2015, I want to continue with my goals of eating healthy, but also stay healthy and injury free, and run a full marathon. Training for the marathon will obviously be a long term goal, but eating healthy can start right now. This very second. Today! More updates to come on that front. :o)
What are your resolutions or goals for 2015?